Crossing of the Atlantic
“Rame Océan” is transatlantic race in solo between Dakar and the French Guyana. Rowers have to cross the Atlantic without any assistance and stopover in monotypes of 8 meters length. There is no gender rating. The is the longest rowing race in the world and the only solo transatlantic one.
The departure will be given the 10th of December at Dakar (Senegal)
THE BOAT LAYOUT
“Rien que du bonheur” N°64
• Architect: Jean Michel Viant
• Characteristics: Length: 8,00 m / 315 inches Width: 1.60 m / 63 inches Weigh empty: 450 kgs / 992 lbs • Materials: veneer laminate glass/epoxy.
To face the Atlantic, you need a light boat, maneuverable and resistant. So the dinghy is an unsinkable monotype and automatically up-right.
It is called “Rien que du bonheur” which means “Pure happiness”.
All dinghies are built on the same kit in order to guaranty an equal race. They are exclusives and acquired.
and by promoting excelling oneself valor.
♥ Animals in the crossing ♥
• A dozen of more than 100kms mountains races
• Crossing the Pyrenees in 9 days (Trail-Bike- Paragliding)
• Crossing the Alps in 8 days (Trail-Bike- Paragliding)
• Crossing the Corsica Island « Non stop »
• A double Ironman in the “Pays Basque”
(8kms swim – 360kms bike – 84kms Trail)
For the happiness of animals and Gwenael 😉
And especially passionate of ream
Crossed the North Atlantic in paddle board
Has bypassed Cape Horn in Paddle Board